Sit down, relax, grab a cup of Joe...

This is my place on the web where I'm going to be discussing what all is going on in my garden spaces. I am a container gardener for the most part and I am constantly having problems with pests, growing problems, pots, etc. I'm hoping to get feedback and advice from friends, family, and general passers by, and maybe pass on a little info here and there about plants in general!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

New Flower Bed in Front Yard

Heya Folks.

This year I've decided to put a flower bed into the front yard.  It's going to be difficult because we have so many garbage trees out there (3 Chinaberry tree's et.al) and they tend to block up the sunlight as well as leave litter all over the ground out there.  I've talked the Apartment Manager into allowing me to keep some of the tree limbs cut back though, so this might be successful...we'll see.

Not much to look at right now.
This flower bed is not much to look at right now, but when I started it was little more than a huge tray of sand and what seemed to be fill dirt from a dump site.  I found more old plastic toys, pieces of foil and cellophane everywhere I dug!  I added two and a half bags of steer manure to it, and we'll see what happens.  I planted Gerber Daisies, Three varieties of Snapdragons (all tall types) and six little Stock plants.  All along the back it's lined with the Purple Datura that I grow so well.  These are the ones that I started from seed last year, so I'm hoping for a good turnout.


Did you notice the gnomes?  Those were a Christmas Present from my Dad year before last.  Aren't the just the coolest thing?  I'm sure that they'll move around depending on what places need the most tending throughout the growing season.  I'll post more photos as things progress...so stay tuned!

Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

  1. If you ever read this and like what you see, give me a google +1, or like me on Facebook please! More exposure will give me more readers! thanks for helping!

    ReplyDelete